Week #35: These Are A Few of My Favorite Things
You want to know one of my favorite things: entertaining. Now entertaining can be a lot of hard work for the host but immersing yourself in party planning mode can really be a great distraction for competing mommy priorities. This week's mommy break, I was able to host the ultimate Girls Night Out- A Favorite Things Party! Inspired by Oprah’s annual favorite things list, the favorite things party is a gift exchange which includes 3 of your favorite things to share. Hosting a favorite things party is an easy party to plan and execute. Here are a few important steps;
- Pick a date and time to host
- Send invites and off guests the option to bring a friend if it is conducive to the space
- Ask your friends to bring 3 of the same favorite thing for $10 or less.
- Once everyone arrives, ask each guest to present their favorite thing and why it is a favorite thing.
- The Presenter will pull 3 names out of a bag and those are the three individuals that will win the favorite thing presented.
- The last person pulled is the next person that presents
You bring three favorite things and leave the party with three new favorite things! How awesome is that. Of course great food, decor, and cocktails are the added bow on top.
Favorite things shared included wine, body wash, mascara, finger nail polish, wallets, and planners, just to name a few ;)
Here are some bonus ideas to make it extra special:
- Make a signature cocktail to serve at the party. I did this mulled spiced wine. So good!
- Ask friends to bring an appetizer or dessert or if you are overzealous like me and enjoy cooking keep the menu simple. The star of the show was a jalepeno and cranberry dip. Delish! My friend also brought a homemade rum cake which was a hit!!
- Designate a table to display all the favorite things so that your guests can peruse all of the favorite things before the raffle starts.
- Create personalized gift bags for all of your guests so that have something to carry their new favorite things home in.
So when are you going to host your favorite things party?