Week #45 of 52: Birthday Wishes
February 8th is one of my favorite days of the year because it is my birthday! I love celebrating my birthday and helping others celebrate theirs. I take the day so seriously that I make sure I take the day off at work, if it falls on a weekday, so that I can truly enjoy the day on my terms. This birthday felt extra special because I am celebrating my last year in my 30s. Birthdays are instaneous mommy breaks because you can plan the day on your terms. For the last couple of years I have made birthdays spa days to regroup and rejuvenate and fortunately. This year was no different. I started the day with school drop off, a massage and mani/pedi and lunch with a friend. I ended the day with a fabulous dinner and drinks with my husband. I could not have asked for a more prefect way to spend my birthday.
Here are my birthday wishes for my 39th year of life:
- Better organization: I love my Passion Planner. I need to maximize its full utility so that I can feel like I have a handle on my day, week, and month.
- Sticking to a schedule: I have to do better with leaving the house on time every day and maintaining a set routine. My children have become victim to my inability to consistently do this.
- Stronger intention on my health and wellness: I have been going to work out regularly and it has become a habit. Now, I just need to marry that with consistent, healthy eating habits to really achieve the results I want.
- More attentive parenting: My children say and do some awesome things. I want to slow down a little so that I can enjoy all of the small and big moments before they disappear.
- More attentive “wifing”: Marriage requires daily investment. Sometimes, I am feeling lazy. My marriage is worth the daily investments.
- Continue to have grace with myself: I am not always going to be the perfect mom, perfect wife, be organized, stay on schedule, workout regularly, or eat perfectly, and that’s ok.