My Criteria for a Qualifiable "Mommy Break'
In this year long journey to put myself first and take a mommy break once a week, I am totally expecting that there will be some "fails" where the mommy break can suspiciously look like a good ole regular mommy chore. I am a perfectly imperfect Mom just like you and life will get in the way. Sick kids, sick husband/partner, sick mommy... tired Mommy. All key determinants to if you can make the mommy break happen, The week could come and go and I miss moment for rejuvenation with no kids. So to ensure I do not slip in too many "weekly grocery shopping trip" mommy breaks, I have defined some criteria for you to hold me accountable to and to hold yourself accountable to.
To qualify as an official Mommy Break it must experience the following:
- No children (your children) inear shot of the mommy break location
- Joy in your heart (and a smile on your face) while you are partaking of the break
- A longing for it not to end
- Anticipation and excitement for next week's break
- Last at least an hour in duration
Simple enough, right? I think so too! Followers, pinky swear that you will help keep me honest! Let the fun begin!